Saturday, April 21

Silly Saturday

Okay, I am giving in and doing a meme. Not that I was "tagged" by someone or anything--I'm not sure how one even gets "tagged." But I've seen this meme floating around the blogosphere, and I like it because I LOVE movies! Also, I've been so serious and sad the past week that I thought I needed to write something silly just to lighten up. As for tagging...since I'm not sure how this is done, I'll just say that if you see your name in the sidebar of this blog, consider yourself tagged. That means you have to do this quiz on your blog or you may catch the plague or be hit by lightning or something really bad like that.

So without further ado--my first meme.


1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.

Quite a few...when I love a movie I tend to watch it over and over an over... But to name three: The Color Purple, Star Wars, and A Room with a View.

2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.

Lord of the Rings (I saw each one at least 4 times in the theater), The Piano (5 times), Pride and Prejudice (4 times)

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.

Ewan McGregor. I loves me the Ewan McGregor. Also, any "Dame" or "Sir"

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.

Kevin Costner (except in the case of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, which I love despite him)

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

A Room with a View, "Mother doesn't like me playing Beethoven. She says I'm always peevish afterwards."
The Color Purple, "I loves Harpo--God knows I do!..."
Pulp Fiction, "Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.

Mary Poppins (thanks, Megan)

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.

Um...Mary Poppins, and Oklahoma, 'cause I was in it in college.

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.

An Inconvenient Truth. When I saw it in the theater I was surrounded by crowds of geriatric liberals. Not really the audience that needs to see the movie methinks.

9. Name a movie that you own.

Impossible to answer this one without taking up several inches of blog space...we own LOTS of movies! I'll just say the movies most recently added to the collection were Matilda, East of Eden, and Pretty in Pink.

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.

Mark Wahlberg.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?

Yes. My mom used to take me to the drive-in when I was very little so that I could sleep in the backseat. One of my earliest memories is pretending that I was asleep while watching the movie playing behind us, which was The Shining. Even without sound that film traumatized me.

12. Ever made out in a movie?

Yes, I missed most of Mel Gibson's Hamlet the first time I saw it.

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't yet gotten around to.

Grindhouse, which we will be going to see in 4 hours (yay!)

14. Ever walked out of a movie?

My dad and I walked out on Johnny Dangerously and My Blue Heaven. Ian and I still regret not walking out on Van Helsing and demanding our money back.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

I cry easily in movies (easier than I do in real life...go figure), but the two movies I have never been able to watch without crying are The Color Purple and Steel Magnolias.

16. Popcorn?

Only when I'm with my Dad. Then we share an extra large tub.

17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?

About twice a month on average, more like 5 times a month during summer. Even with the baby, who has not curtailed our movie viewing at all. She very much enjoyed 300.

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?

The Lookout--I give it a thumbs up

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?

What Ian calls my "Kippers for Breakfast" movies...anything period and preferably British

20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

Hmmm...I've been going to movies for so long that it's hard to pinpoint. Probably something Disney, from way back before VCRs when you actually had to wait for a theatrical re-release to see a Disney movie. Or Star Wars.

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

Did I already mention Van Helsing? Also, Passion of the Christ, which grossed me out so badly I almost puked up my Hot Tamales.

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

Um, an ambiguous question. Does this mean what movie have I seen that was the weirdest (anything by David Lynch) or what movie is it the weirdest that I actually enjoyed? (Bring it On)

23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?

Blair Witch Project. I know that most people are just annoyed by this movie, but I couldn't sleep well for two days.

24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?

I'm going to rephrase this into "What movies made you laugh the most when you first saw them?" The Full Monty, Meet the Parents, Shawn of the Dead, and Borat

No comments: